Hartwell designs and manufactures hold open rods for a wide variety of aircraft applications. Some significant aircraft platforms include A320Neo, MC-21, C-17, Learjet and Challenger.
A telescoping strut will automatically lock in the open position in order to hold a door in the open position for maintenance action. To release the lock, a twist and pull-down motion is required, eliminating the chance of accidental release. Tube diameter and material selected will vary to accommodate the load and length requirements.
Features and Benefits:
- Designed for high tension, compression, and side loads
- Quick release hook fitting
- Automatic Lock-up when strut is extended
- Sleeve has dual motion operation for safety
- Visual warning when unlocked
- Many end fittings available to fit the application
- Thrust Reverser Doors
- APU Doors