Rotary latches are designed to carry loads in tension only and are used with adjacent shear pins or interlocking faces to react to shear loads. The latches are designed to be operated with a standard mechanic’s tool. Rotary latches are aerodynamically friendly with a minimum penetration of the aircraft’s skin. This minimum skin cutout allows them to be easily sealed and easily accommodates aircraft contours. The ease of sealing the rotary latch with internal ‘O-rings’ makes it particularly effective for radome attachment. Adjustability is achieved by the threaded eyebolt used with this latch. All rotary latches have a visual indication showing if the latch is opened or closed.
Features and Benefits:
- Minimum skin cutouts.
- High strength-to-weight ratios
- Mechanical lock incorporated in the latch
- Reduced envelopes
- Conventional operating tools (1/4 square drive)
- Take-up from 1/8”
- Incorporate a visual indicator showing if the latch is open or closed
- Ultimate loads from 1,500 lbs.
- Waterproof latches available
- Under panel mounted
- Side mounted